Through our experience and engineering “know how“, Neue can supply complete “turn key“ systems as well as individual machines for all areas of the plastic industry.
1. Pre-size reduction and bale opening
Bulky parts or films / bottles, compacted in bales, initially must be shredded or broken apart in order to relieve the operation of the down stream equipment for further processing.
Neue offers the following:
• One or Two Shaft Shredders in various sizes and designs. The sizing of each machine is relevant to
the specific application.
• GS Series Guillotines available in three (3) sizes. The GS series guillotines are used to pre-cut the
material to sizes which can easily be fed to the down stream equipment, commonly a granulator.
• SB Series Bale Breakers for opening bales of pressed PET bottles for subsequent sorting.
Material application range of operation: film; pressed bales of film or bottles, fibber and rubber bales, large start-up lumps; typical size after processing usually larger then 50 mm end product.
Granulators are our main product line. They are built in various types and sizes for almost every possible application in the field of plastics size reduction. Depending on the different material and form our granulators are built to meet the customers specific needs.
The following models are available:
• LM Series Granulators, are used for thin walled materials such as loose film, bottles and hollow
containers, thin-wall pipes and profiles. Depending on material and wall thickness throughput rates can
reach or exceed 2000 kg/h.
• SM Series Granulators in heavy-duty design can be used for the size reduction of almost all types of
plastic. The SM Series is designed for size reduction of thick-walled materials such as sheet, pipe or
lumps up to 50 kg in weight; capacities of more than 4000 kg/h are possible. The SM series granulator
can be manufactured for specific material application requirements such as size reduction of cables,
rubber bales or other materials other then plastics.
• SP Series Granulators are specifically designed for the size reduction of maximum 20 foot length
profiles, with capacities from 550 kg/h to 1600 kg/h.
• SR Series Granulators utilizing a horizontal feed channel are designed for size reducing of extremely
thick walled pipe lengths with a maximum length of 6000 mm and a maximum diameter of 900 mm.
Pre-cutting of the pipes is not necessary. The SR Series offers various models for pipe diameters up to
250 mm, 400 mm, 700 mm. and 900 mm.
• SMV Series Granulators are designed with special cutting features (chevron rotor configuration) for
size reduction of extremely thin film (BOPP, PET etc.). The throughput rates range from
300-4000 kg/h (depending of the material and the final product size ). Relevant to the application
(material size and shape) granulators of the LM, SM and SMV Series can be manufactured with specia
feed hoppers or roller feeders for automated material feed and integrated suction nozzles for inline
processing of edge trim material.
Additionally the SMV Series Granulators are used for:
size reduction of film, baled bottles, profiles, fibres and various other plastic materials.
This granulator is able to achieve a final product size of approx.4 ,
3. Pulverizing systems
These systems are available in three (3) sizes, plastic granulate ( ie PVC, PC, PP, PE, PET etc.) may be pulverized to a final product size of >1 mm without screening, 0.500 mm in conjunction with a screening machine.
Neue Herbold Pulverizers are used in the areas of:.
• rigid PVC-pipe-and sheet production
• rotational moulding
• Masterbatch production
• other production areas where plastic powders are used.
In the field of pulverization Neue Herbold supplies complete systems, ranging
from material feeding devices, metal separators, screening systems, storage silos and sound insulation. Furthermore Neue Herbold designs and manufactures nitrogen injected pulverizers, used for pulverization of soft and heat sensitive materials.
4. Wet granulators and recycling systems for contaminated materials
In this area of application Neue Herbold offers recycling systems for:
• PE/PP bottle waste with throughput rates of 250 / 500 / 1000 and 2000 kg/h.
• PE/PP film scrap (agricultural film as well as film waste which as been sorted out in a separating
process) at a throughput rate of 500 / 1000 and 2000 kg/h.
• PET bottle recycling with throughput rates of up to 2000 kg/h.
• Systems for recycling of special applications such as batteries.
5. Systems for recycling of valuable materials
These are specially designed systems for:
• cable scrap (size reduction as well as plastics and metal separation) Neue Herbold is able to supply
standard versions with throughput rates of 250 / 500 / 1000 and 2000 kg/h.
• systems for size reduction of wood scrap, tree bark and other agricultural waste for compost purposes.
• systems for size reduction of fibres glass.
6. Accessories for material feeding and discharging
In addition to the engineering and manufacturing of systems, Neue Herbold can supply all necessary components for main equipment feeding and down stream transport;
• Feeding conveyors, metal detection equipment, tilt dumper.
• Transport screws, silos screeners, shaker tables.
• Material handling, metal separation and exhaust air filtering systems.