Our safety system uses a unique system of loose crumb rubber and rubber matting to reach desired fall height protection around, and under playground equipment.
By using 2"-3" of crumb rubber beneath our 1 1/2" playground mat our clients are able to reach 8"-12"+ fall height protection.
How the system works:
1. There are two ways to use N.R.I."s playground safety system.
a. Above existing surface:
In this application a border system will need to be used.
The loose crumb is placed inside the border and leveled to the desired depth and the mats are positioned on top.
b. Ground level:
For this application the ground is excavated to either a depth of 2 1/2" or
3 1/2" depending on the fall protection desired. The loose crumb rubber is then placed in the excavated area and leveled and the N.R.I. playground mats are then positioned on top.
2. There is no need for concrete to be poured first in our application. Existing surfaces are fine. The only time further preparation maybe required is if the area currently has a drainage problem.
3. Fall heights are determined by figuring the distance in which the children can fall from any platform surface of the play equipment to the ground or surface below the equipment.
a. 2" of loose crumb rubber beneath our 1 1/2" playground mats allow for a fall height protection of 6" to 8".
b. 3" of loose crumb rubber beneath our 1 1/2" playground mats allow for a fall height protection of 10" to 12"+.
c. ASTM F1292-99 impact attenuation of surface systems under and around playground equipment testing results for N.R.I."s playground safety system is available upon request.
4. Then we apply adhesive to the overlapping seams and a finishing caulk to the top seams. We recommend the application of both to reduce possible weed growth between the seams.
5. The final step: adding children who will enjoy playing upon the safe playground surface.